1 What is personal data?
The term personal data is defined in the German Data Protection Act (BDSG). Personal data constitutes individual pieces of information pertaining to personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, your name, your address, your telephone number or your email address. This means any information which identifies you.
2 Collection, processing and use of personal data
- We only collect personal data when you provide it to us voluntarily in the course of your order, your contact request, when you customer account is created or when subscribing to our newsletter, and then only to the extent provided by you.
- In the course of your order we require the following personal data from you: First name and surname, street and house number, postcode and town, country, age, email address, telephone number. Any other information is voluntary. Your data is deleted in full once the purchase has been processed completely and at the end of the statutory retention periods. This shall apply unless we have your permission to continue to use the information or we have a legal obligation to do so.
- In the course of your contact request, we require your first name and surname, as well as your email address, and, if you require information to be sent out to you, we also require your postal address. You may also provide us with your telephone number which we can use to contact you. Your data shall be deleted in full once your contact request has been dealt with in full. This shall apply unless we have your permission to continue to use the information or we have a legal obligation to do so.
- To open your customer account, we require your name, and your email address, as well as a personal password. Your data will be deleted when you close your customer account with us. This shall apply unless we have your permission to continue to use the information or we have a legal obligation to do so.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will require your first name and surname and your email address. Your data will be deleted when you cancel your subscription. This shall apply unless we have your permission to continue to use the information or we have a legal obligation to do so.
- Naturally, we shall only use the personal data provided to us for the purpose for which you made it available to us.
- Insofar as you provide information pertaining to communication channels (such as email address, telephone number), you consent to us contacting you through these communication channel to respond to your concerns.
- If you send us a customer review, you shall agree to it being published under the heading ‘Customer Reviews’, without giving your name – only the first name and the first letter of the surname shall be stated.
- Your data shall not be passed on to third parties unless you have explicitly given your consent, for example for your data to be passed on to our marketing partners.
- You may revoke your declarations of consent pertaining to the collection, processing and use of your personal data at any time.
3 No data transfer to third parties
Your data shall not be transferred to third parties unless we are legally obliged to do so, or unless it is done to meet our contractual and delivery obligations. Insofar as external service providers handle your personal data, we have ensured through legal, technical and organisational measures and through regular checks that said providers comply with the relevant data protection laws.
4 Access data/Server log files
Our webspace provider collects data about each access to our website (so-called server log files). Access data includes: Name of the requested website, file, time and date of retrieval, volume of data transferred, notification of successful retrieval, browser type and version, user’s operating system, referrer URL (the website visited prior to our site), IP address and the requesting provider. Our webspace provider only uses the protocol data for statistical evaluations for the purpose of operation, security and optimisation of the offering.
- Cookies are small files which enable specific device-related information to be saved on the user’s access device. They are used to improve the user-friendliness of the website (e.g. storing log-in data) and they are used to collect statistical data on website use and to enable said data to be analysed for the purpose of improving the offering.
6 Google Analytics
- For statistical purposes we use Google Analytics, the web analysis service of Google Inc (‘Google’), on our website. Google Analytics uses so-called ‘cookies’, or text files, which are stored on your computer and which enable your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the US where it is stored.
- Google Analytics has been configured on this website so that your IP address is truncated within the member states of the European Union or in other countries which are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, and is thus anonymised. The full IP address is only transferred in exceptional circumstances to a Google service in the US where it is truncated. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google shall use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to generate reports on website activities and to provide the website operator with other services associated with the use of the website and of the Internet.
- The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not amalgamated with other data held by Google. You can prevent cookies from being saved by changing the appropriate setting in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that in this case you would not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent.
- Tracking by Google Analytics can be prevented by setting an opt-out cookie. When you click on the following link, you will be taken to Google website where you are asked to download Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on whihc can be installed in your browser and the tracking of your data during a visit to this website will be suppressed in the future
- If you use the ‘Delete Cookies’ function in your browser, the opt-out cookie must be reset.
7 Social Media – Facebook and Twitter
- Our website also contains links to the external social networks Facebook and Twitter. They are operated exclusively by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (Facebook) and Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (Twitter). The links are identified on our website by the Facebook logo or the Twitter logo. Social plugins are not used on our site, that is, if you do not explicitly follow the relevant links, no data is transferred to Facebook or Twitter.
- If you follow these links, your browser will establish a connection to the appropriate social network. In this event, data, such as your IP address, is transferred to Facebook or Twitter so that they can attribute the visit to our site to your existing user account, should you have one. You can prevent this attribution by logging out of your relevant user account.
- The purpose and extent of the data collection and processing by Facebook or Twitter, as well as your rights in this regard and the setting options to protect your privacy can be found in Facebook’s data protection policy (http://de-de.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.php) or Twitter’s (http://twitter.com/privacy).
8 E-mail communication
Should you wish to contact us by e-mail, you are welcome to do this using the e-mail addresses provided. Please be aware, however, that unencrypted e-mails that are sent over the Internet are not adequately protected against unauthorised perusal by third parties whilst being transmitted.
9 Data Security
Your customer account can only be accessed by entering your personal password. You should always handle your access information confidentially and close the browser window when you have finished the communication, particularly if you share the computer with others.
10 Right to Information, Revocation of Consent, Contact Person for Data Protection Issues
- Under the requirements of the provisions of the BDSG, we provide you with information about whether and which personal data pertaining to you is stored by us. Moreover, you may also assert the right to have this data corrected, blocked or deleted if the requirements are satisfied.
- Our Contact Person for Data Protection:
Yannik Seipel, VIVOBASE GmbH, Lilienthalweg 13, 72124 Pliezhausen
- Should you wish to revoke your consent, please address your revocation to the aforementioned contact person as well.
As at 1 February 2017.